Monday, April 28, 2008

Calling all Vintagers people persons ?!? -)

Ughh enough said. I. Need. More. Vintage. In. My. Life..........Too bad there are absolutely NO good Thrift stores around my area. GoodWill-Ehhhh no, Salvation Army- NO. I havent seen others. Maybe as time flies....who knws. American A. Is great for vintage inspired wear, but Im not sure If their is any over in my area. And I have never shopped online before so....Probably out of ze question!

I would pick out a few vintage pieces to wear to mix up my outfits. I have some vintage inspired accessories from my mom and aunt. Like these 3 cocktail rings that were oh so cheap. I started off with five but..ugh...Mom went out to club...got drunk(more like TIPSY =)....who knows where the ring ran off too. Let her tell the story the gem popped out mysteriously...YEA RIGHT! anyways....

I also have a necklace from forever21, kind of on the vintage side. Ill take pix later. Also some gold earrings from Guess...FOUND EM" CHEAP! and more...Come 2 think about it, I have more vintage jewlery than anything =)
Dont worry I WILL take pix..I promise! You knw what, how about I take them now so I wont forget huh??

Hehe..thsi is very random but..next year my moms throwing a 70's theme b-day party for herself. Abviously, I WONT BE THERE!!!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yeah, I really want to get more thrift/vintage clothes, but there seems to be no where good near me....

Stephanie said...

Goodwill and Salvation Army are some of the best thrift stores out there! If you want cheap vintage clothing it's not going to just jump out at you - you've got to search for it! And it might not be clean or ironed already but it's all part of the fun. That being said, if you'd rather not look yourself you can always try the pricier options - vintage shops and Ebay.

Also, vintage means clothing/accessories that are at least 20 years old, so I'm pretty sure that Forever 21 and Guess jewelry wouldn't count there. Just sayin'...

Why wouldn't you be at your mom's bday? The 70s were awesome!